Truck Accident Attorney in Louisville, Kentucky
Because of their size and weight, semi-trucks (also known as tractor trailers) cause serious damage when they are involved in accidents. If you have been hurt or lost a loved one in a truck accident, The Haden Law Office is here to help you. You may able to recover financial compensation for your losses. The Haden Law Office assists accident victims and their families in Louisville and across the state of Kentucky.
What causes truck accidents in Kentucky?
An investigation into your truck accident case will focus on determining the cause of the crash. According to a Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) study, the most common factors are:
- Brake problems
- Traffic congestion (or traffic flow interruption)
- Roadway problems
- Alcohol and drug use
- Traveling too fast for conditions (snow, ice, rain or fog)
- Unfamiliarity with the roadway
- Inadequate surveillance (failing to see traffic, another vehicle or obstacle)
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Distracted driving also continues to be a factor in many truck crashes despite FMCSA regulations that ban texting and using a hand-held mobile phone while driving.
Other common causes of truck accidents include:
- Overloaded trucks
- Oversized trucks
- Poorly maintained or uninspected trucks
What can you do if you are injured in a trucking accident?
Truck accidents can cause severe harm to those in passenger vehicles. Injuries can include:
- Back injury
- Broken bones
- Loss of limbs
- Internal bleeding
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) or other brain damage
- Spinal cord injury (SCI)
If you or a loved one has suffered any of these injuries in a truck accident, please contact The Haden Law Office to discuss your rights.
You may be able to recover financial compensation for your medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, emotional distress and other harm you have suffered.
This compensation can be sought from any party that caused your accident, including the:
- Truck driver
- Trucking company / carrier
- Manufacturer of a defective truck or truck parts (tires, wheels, brakes, gears or safety equipment)
- Local or state government agencies responsible for a road defect or maintenance lapse
The insurance companies for these parties realize the potential for major lawsuits when a semi-truck causes an accident. The insurance companies quickly gather evidence and consult with experts. They start preparing their defenses immediately upon hearing of the accident. It helps to have an aggressive and dedicated lawyer by your side to move quickly and stand up to these insurance companies on your behalf.
Call us today for a free consultation
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury from a truck accident in Kentucky, please contact The Haden Law Office. We will review your case at no charge.
Representing victims of truck accidents and their families across Kentucky
The Haden Law Office is proud to represent victims injured in truck accidents throughout Kentucky, including Louisville, Lexington, Bowling Green, Owensboro, Florence, Georgetown, Henderson, Elizabethtown, Ashland, Pikeville, Frankfort, and Paducah.