Dental Malpractice Attorneys in Louisville, Kentucky
Representing patients across Kentucky who have been injured or received negligent care from a dental provider
When you visit a healthcare provider, you are trusting that they will apply good judgment, common sense and industry best practices to ensure you are not injured while in their care. Unfortunately, that is not always what happens.
Sometimes a dental provider makes a mistake that affects your health or well-being. When injured while in the care of a dental provider, the law provides an opportunity to obtain compensation for the injuries caused by the provider. This type of legal case is often referred to as dental malpractice.
Varieties of dental malpractice
Common types of dental malpractice include:
- Common errors in treatment occur when a dentist performs a procedure that the patient is not healthy enough to tolerate.
- Dental malpractice arising out failure to employ the proper techniques can occur with dentists who were not properly trained or dentists who fail to observe the standard of care..
- Generally, the standard of care requires dentists to follow up with patients after procedures.
- There are times when it is necessary for a dental provider to refer a patient to a specialist. It may be considered dental malpractice if a dentist notices that a patient needs to see a specialist (such as an endodontist, periodontist or oral surgeon) and does not refer them to one; this could be for anything from the patient needing his or her wisdom teeth out to the dentist believing the patient might have mouth cancer.
- Failure or delay in diagnosing an oral disease, such as periodontal disease or mouth cancer
- Misdiagnosis of a disease
- Oral care procedural or surgical mistakes
- Failure to properly treat a dental health condition
- Anesthesiology Errors
- Radiology Mistakes
Injuries caused by dental malpractice
In addition to the progression of oral cancer, other serious results of dental malpractice include:
- Nerve damage, including facial nerve damage
- Permanent facial numbness and/or paralysis
- Loss of the wrong teeth
- Loss of bone support
- Septic infections requiring hospitalization
- Permanent jaw damage
- Respiratory distress and/or cardiac arrest from anesthesiology malpractice
Dental malpractice cases and dental product liability claims are often complex and require an experienced attorney who understands the medicine and can make the necessary links between the negligent act and the injury or illness. The Haden Law Office can help you determine if you have been the victim of dental malpractice.
Call us today for a free consultation
If you live in Kentucky and believe you have sustained a personal injury resulting from dental malpractice, please contact The Haden Law Office. We will review your dental malpractice case at no charge.
Representing dental malpractice victims and their families across Kentucky
The Haden Law Office is proud to represent victims in dental malpractice cases throughout Kentucky, including Louisville, Lexington, Bowling Green, Owensboro, Florence, Georgetown, Henderson, Elizabethtown, Ashland, Pikeville, Frankfort, and Paducah.